If any of you were ever lucky enough to see my basement in indianapolis, you may remember that I have a full size bookcase full of yarn, as well as many many odd & ends tucked (hidden) away.
To rectify this problem, I am attempting to take part in wendyknits.net Knit From Your Stash 2007.
Knit From Your Stash 2007!
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 — a period of nine months.
2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. Sock yarn does not count. What? You think we are made of stone?
2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift.
2.c. If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project.
2.d. We each get one “Get Out of Jail Free” card — we are each allowed to fall off the wagon one time.
3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. Trading stash is allowed.
5. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt.
So far I have been good.
That is, in the last 36 days, I have not purchased any yarn.